Saturday, April 17, 2010

Room With A View

We had a long, tough, 8.1 mile uphill climb to Cheoah Bald today, but being able to camp at the top makes it all worth it!  We saw our first sunset tonight and hope to catch the sunrise in the morning.  One of our campsite neighbors said he saw a bear down the hill about a half hour ago... I hope he's just messing with us, but he was pretty excited about it.

Other things we saw today:  2 lizards, an aquamarine colored bug, a 4 foot long black snake, our new friends Convinced, Breathless, Bad Dinner & 7 D's... and a pile of human poo alongside the trail... bad form!

~Styx & Bones

2 comments:

  1. eeeewwww I hate when people "doo" that, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I can read that you guys were (or maybe are still) in touch with Bad Dinner. We gave him and his girl-friend a short lift on May 23 and he dropped his i-Pod player in our car. If you can then please tell me how I can reach him or tell him to get in touch with us (phone: +44 79 83 50 85 39, mail: v.dellwo@ucl.ac.uk) so that I can return the player to him.
    Thanks and happy hiking!
    Volker & Ilka

    ReplyDelete