Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blue Ridge Mountain Madness...and 700 miles!


There are new sweet photos updated here: http://picasaweb.google.com/HikeStrong2010/VirginiaATHike#
  
We don't have a whole lot new to report, but we DO have some sweet photos updated, so thought we'd do a quick blog to say hello! We've officially crossed 700 miles and are now hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. By "hiking" I mean racing across land, stopping occasionally to take a picture.
  
The pictures here are from McAfee Knob, the site where our logo that Jeff drew was inspired by. We were, unfortunately, unable to completely re-create our logo in real life due to some very stinky and tired hikers camping on top of the rocks in the middle of the shot. I guess at one point they did offer to move out of the way, but I was too distracted by the hair-filled armpits of the girl who was with them. Oh yeah, I wasn't going to mention that, but it shocked me! LOL! I also wasn't about to do the "roundhouse kick" photo here, but Jeff encouraged me to and I'm glad I did! Thankfully he got the picture in one shot! As soon as I lifted my right leg off of the ground I started to silently freak out at the thought of losing my balance and falling right off that cliff! It was windy!
  
Anyways, so the past few days and the next several we will be hiking in the along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We have heard a lot about hikers actually hiking the Blue Ridge Parkway instead of the Appalachian Trail. I can understand why they do it. For a large part of the trail, you can see the BRP right from where you are walking, but you hike in the middle of the woods and miss the beautiful views that go along with the road. Plus, there are many opportunities to switch and hike the road, as yesterday alone we crossed the road what seems like 7 times!
  
The other pics here are of "The Guillotinel" We really thought this rock formation was going to be a lot bigger, but being smaller gave us the chance to mess around on it. I guess you can call this bunch of photos our "not so safe" poses!
  
OK -- battery going low! Check out the pics!
  
~Styx & Bones
  
--
HikeStrong 2010 - Jeff & Aly
- Want to receive our blog updates by email? Send a note to HikeStrong2010@gmail.com to be added to our distribution list!
- Ready to make a donation? Go to www.hikestrong2010.com & click the "Donate Online" button! Thank you for the support!


No comments:

Post a Comment