Saturday, March 6, 2010

2000milestogo

Yesterday, I stopped by Walmart to buy a few totes to pack up my stuff for storage.  On my way inside, I noticed a couple fundraising at the entrance.  When I checked out their sign, I could not believe my eyes...it read "A long walk for a good cause. Hiking the Appalachain Trail".  What are the odds of running into another group of Appalachian Trail Charity Hikers outside a Walmart in Guilford, CT?!?  How cool is that!!! 
 
Doug and Stephanie will start their hike on April 4th, just a few days after Aly and I set off on our journey, to benefit the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.  The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp was founded by Paul Newman in 1988 in Ashford, CT to serve children and families coping with cancer and other serious illnesses and conditions.  I wish Doug and Stephanie much success in raising funds for a great cause, and I hope that we'll run into one another again on the trail!   To learn more about Doug, Stephanie, and their charity hike, check out their website:  2000milestogo.com
 
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment