Monday, March 8, 2010

Boxes, more boxes and Uhaul's... oh my!!!

Driving down the freeway just outside of Houston... figured now is as good a time as any to catch up on the madness of the past several days.  Only one of the pictures came through from my visit home, but that's ok because it was the most important one... the one with the best mom in the world packing resupply boxes at her house! 

I really had NO IDEA how big a pain in the rear it was trying to guess what food, toiletries and other miscellany we will need a month from now when we hit the trail.  Our plan is a hybrid approach, resupplying in towns and with a dozen or so maildrops from mom with all-important things like vitamins, protein powder and random carb-loaded foodstuffs.  I have to hand it to my mom for being such a champ because it was literally 4 days of non-stop chaos interrupted by me being cranky every so often.  Seriously, my mom is awesome and I thank her so much for all the help and support.

Sooooo, I left home yesterday.  After being stuck in the Denver airport for 5 hours I finally made it home to San Antonio... pretty late at night, which was terrible because that's 5 hours of Mario Bros Wii I didn't get to spend playing with little Philip before I left (don't worry... he woke me up bright and early today to play before school.)  Anywho's, today was a rollercoaster of emotions and a flurry of packing.  After Michelle and Philip left for work the rest of the day was a blur.  Packed my room up, got a Uhaul trailer, found Jeff wandering around the airport, and proceeded to watch his amazing Tetris skills as he magically fit all my earthly possessions in this tin can we are towing down the road.

So, I'm headed up to Connecticut for a bit... then off to hike.  Today was definitely bittersweet... can't stop thinking about my 8 month San Antonio sleepover and how absolutely grateful I am that it happened.  I miss you guys. 

Quote Michelle: "hike? Are you still doing that?"
Lol...
~aly

No comments:

Post a Comment