Friday, March 26, 2010

It’s the FINAL countdown… (da da da dum, da da da da dum)

Wow!  I can not believe that we are leaving for Georgia tomorrow!!!  Its hard to imagine that in less than 2 days I'm going to show up at the beginning of a 2,175-mile trail and start to hike it… its unbelievable and I am so excited!!! 

 

Today has been a day of packing, mailing, weighing gear, and recovering after a great night out with some old friends from Unilever!  Here is a photo of things that will be in my pack as I hike and a list of a few other items in case you were interested in what we are bringing along.

 

Leki trekking poles

North Face Cat's Meow sleeping bag

Thermarest sleeping pads

Pocket Rocket stove – literally smaller than a pair of glasses

Fuel canister

GSI Dualist cookset

Sweet Sea To Summit ultralight flatwear courtesy of the Arch Man

Gregory pack covers

Outdoor Research gaiters

Gregory Deva pack for Aly

Gregory Baltoro pack for Jeff

First aid kit

Journaling material

ShamWows!

Sierra Designs Velox 3 tent

Water purification system

Grandpa's travel cribbage game – oh yeah!

Waterproof bag for food

Clothes… yes, I gave in and I'm taking my down jacket! (for now)

Sweetest fake crocs EVER!!!

Merrell footwear courtesy of our sponsor, Merrell Footwear & Apparel, Inc.

A bunch of other stuff… lol

 

That's all for now folks!!!  Next Stop, Amicalola State Park, Georgia!!!

~Aly

1 comment: